Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-19-2019, 04:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sure, when i get time later tonight. If you want to check the game day archive of the Panthers game, late, i'm sure there will be some posts about it. Also, the following Monday and that week there was a pretty big discussion of it, complete with pics and whatnot.

I'm trying to look it up. There were two INTs by Donte Jackson, who was covering John Ross. One in 1Q and the other in 4Q. I'm assuming you're referring to the 4Q one, which is the one where there was speculation (not confirmation) Ross was supposed to cut to the corner when Ross actually cut toward the post.

What I see confirmed in the replay:
Ross runs vertical then cuts toward the post, turning his head toward the ball at the point of the cut.
The ball sails way over Ross into the arms of Donte Jackson.

This article on Cincy Jungle goes into detail of Ross during that game...with this quote...
Quote:Of course, the throw was bad and nowhere near where Ross looked like was was going
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/24/17894516/aj-green-tyler-boyd-discuss-john-ross-bad-game-against-panthers-bengals-nfl-week-3

Maybe I'm giving Ross way too much leniency, but is it really fair to label something as a trend when it hasn't really happened that often? I think it's more that these mishaps (whether Ross's fault or not) are happening at big moments and therefore more under the microscope.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - ochocincos - 08-19-2019, 04:41 PM