Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-20-2019, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Those guys can play special teams including tackle people. I doubt Ross could do that without getting hurt.

You sure do focus on the 7 receiving TD's a lot. You seem to omit the 210 yards which is horrible for a guy that was a #3 WR, but also had plenty of #2 and #1 receiver opportunities due to guys in front of him getting injured.

Auden Tate actually plays hard in games and fights for 50/50 balls and catches a bunch of them. Ross seems to give up on contested throws. Big difference. Tate is hungrier by a lot.

I don't think I've seen much out of Malone on ST's.  You can put anyone out there on ST's, but it doesn't mean they're going to be good.  Ross played CB in an emergency at Washington, so I wouldn't be too sure about that. 

Well, yeah.  Touchdowns score points.  You have to score more points than the other team to win games.  His yardage is terrible, no doubt.  So is every other WR on the team not named Green or Boyd.  Everyone got opportunities last year.  All of them were underwhelming. Nobody jumped up and took his job from him.   It isn't like there's a bunch of studs sitting behind him.  

5'10" WR's don't typically win a bunch of 50/50 balls.  4.6 40 WR's don't generally cut the top off a defense.  I don't really care how a guy wins as long as he wins.  Tate has a place on the team, imo, but we've seen this song and dance before.  Everyone was talking up Tate last off-season and saying put him in the red zone and he'll be this l TD machine.  Turns out, that was Ross.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - Whatever - 08-20-2019, 12:29 PM