Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-20-2019, 02:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Makes sense and would be understandable if he can't get on field or be a good WR in 2019. My only comment is big difference for Ross in year one versus year 2 so I would say if he had a year like year 1 time to cut bait without question (unless he lands or IR early, then may need to see him in TC one more time prior to making a decision).

I can't imagine it being as bad as year 1 (how many NFL players are THAT bad, anyways?) but things are really shaping up for an excuse-filled season and nothing has changed YET.  Yet, being the key word.  When good news about Ross comes in I will change my expectations but so far it's been....

1.  new coach and system yay for Ross!
2.  Ross isn't picking things up
3.  Ross is no-big deal injured
4.  Ok, maybe it's a big deal since he can't practice
5.  Ross will totally be ready for week 1

So what is next?  Everything is fine?  Or Ross is dealing with lingering issues and hasn't grasped the system because he missed the entire pre-season?  Best case scenario the guy is going to have to get his first experience with the new system during meaningful game time and while some players don't need to practice to hit the ground running, Ross seems to be the exact opposite.

OH, and if he doesn't break out this year he will in 2020 and if he doesn't in 2020 then we are going to let him go to the Steelers/Patriots and they're gonna make us pay.  The narrative is playing itself out, so Ross has to break this chain himself before I believe.

(08-20-2019, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would you question ZT?

He's an NFL head coach...he says stuff that is more PR based than fact based.  AJ Green's injury went from not a big deal to missing multiple games.  Also, ZT talks up Bobby Hart...maybe he's nuts?

Listen, I'm glad ZT is here and I'm aware we could be in for a rough go, but I'm on his side. I just realize he's got to be the mouthpiece for ownership and he has to act like stuff that might be bad isn't going to be bad. The guy has been doing almost constant damage-control since he arrived here and that's standard rot for a rookie taking a high-ranking position with a troubled organization rather than staying an underling within a better organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - Nately120 - 08-20-2019, 02:36 PM