Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-21-2019, 12:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Nope, I don't even see him being better than Boyd. AJ is hurt, with new offense, should do fine, like he always seems to do. Eifert is IR veteran, yet we change OCs many times and they do fine. Just wonder why the excuses for on 1st rounder don't apply to another ( or a second rounder, for that matter ). If he is not on the field, I expect him to be a playbook master. You have nothing else to do but read. How many "systems" has AD been under since he started? 

"New offense" is not a poor excuse for any good player. Every draft pick, FA and traded player is effectively learning a new system. Pros can succeed regardless. 

At this time, you are correct. He's not. But his skill set is far more elite than Boyd's, so he has the potential to surpass him if he can:
- Stay healthy
- Learn the new offense well
- Be utilized in that offense in a way that best caters to his skill set

I realized that's a lot of "ifs" but he's not a complete type of player like AJ Green, Julio Jones, or OBJ.

And to your comment about reading the playbook, you can read as much as you want but reading the plays and executing the plays are two different things. It's like programming. You can read how to code as much as you want but until you actually get hands-on and do it, you're never going to really learn.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - ochocincos - 08-21-2019, 01:07 PM