Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Reds What's missing ?
It seems to me that there's just something missing on this team.

I know it's easy to say we need to upgrade this position player or need another pitcher but I mean beyond that. The next thing to point the finger at is the Mgr. And I agree, I believe Bell has at a minimum helped them to lose some games this season with his over management. But I mean beyond that. FSV got me to thinking about this with his taking division games personal thread.

Is it lack of leadership ? Like a lot of things sports I think the leadership thing gets overblown, to a degree, in general.

Is it just a lack of maintained intensity ? Like FSV says are they taking it personal ? Are they staying focused and somewhat angry about it ?

Is it to much playing, not taking it seriously enough ? MLB clubhouse's are notoriously the fun house. All kinds of jokesters and pranksters. And to a degree that's needed, but it can easily become to much. You gotta know when it's enough.

Or in another direction is it lacking in the fundamentals ? Not being able to lay down a bunt ? Bad base running, we've seen a good bit of this for sure.

Not being aggressive enough, which goes back to management. Not enough hitting and running, not enough steals, delayed steals, not enough turning guys lose 3-0, squeeze plays, etc.

A MLB season is a grind for sure, 162 games all the travel, I'm sure it's easy to lose focus. I can't pin it down to 15 words or less but it just seems to me something's missing. They just can't stay focused or maintain that edge for very long.

Luck is always a big factor in baseball, sometimes it's a hit and the next day it's not. But it's more than just bad or good luck.

Thoughts ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2019 Reds What's missing ? - bengalfan74 - 08-19-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: 2019 Reds What's missing ? - fredtoast - 08-19-2019, 02:49 PM
RE: 2019 Reds What's missing ? - fredtoast - 08-21-2019, 09:59 AM
RE: 2019 Reds What's missing ? - grampahol - 08-22-2019, 03:57 AM
RE: 2019 Reds What's missing ? - Goalpost - 08-23-2019, 06:33 PM