Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
(08-20-2019, 11:51 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I get the thought process, but I'm not 100% sure I agree with it. The defense was so bad last year (particularly towards the middle of the season) I'm not sure if they win any of those games even with Andy, AJ, Eifert, etc. 

I think they were very fortunate at the start of last year. I loved the 4-1 start as much as anyone but they were literally a play away from losing 3 of those games. Without the pick at the end against Indy, they lose. They barely pulled it out on a last second TD against Atlanta. They had to score 24 points in the 4th quarter with 2 defensive TDs just to beat a bad Miami team. That 5-3 start could have easily been 2-6. Would we be setting the bar for ZT at 8+ wins then?

...and I made the same prediction of 9 wins as you do, so I don't think it's completely out of line. Just my two cents on the rationale.

The 5-3 start was a 5-3 start and it wasn't 2-6. Could also point out that they had the Carolina game in hand until the 4th quarter.

Just remember that Marvin was the only coach to ever have a winning record under Mike Brown. He deserves more credit than many give him. That said, it was time for him to go.

Is the new coach better than Marv? I don't know, but he's going to need to get wins to show that he is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-20-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - BengalChris - 08-20-2019, 11:58 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - J24 - 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM