Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
(08-21-2019, 12:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Most (all) of the blind optimism is just boasting over nothing. I just don't understand those that can brush off previous years like yesterdays dust and have a positive outlook on a team like this one, with nothing to back it up. I was that way up until a few years ago but at some point...doesn't reality and past results have to slap the positive taste out of your mouth?

I'll be there watching and rooting just like they will. But i'm not going to expect something that i haven't seen in almost 3 decades, even with a new head coach and new players. When i see it, then i'll believe it.

That seems fair to me.  The Bengals are in prove-it mode, and they proved they were at least willing to let Marvin walk (I know we want to believe Mike Brown suddenly woke up and kicked him out on his ass, but I'm not betting on it) so there is that.  

I didn't doubt the Bengals when they were making the playoffs year after year, and I'm not going to give them a pass because they are now on a 3 year losing trend.  The odd truth to it is that teams we generally scoff at like the Bills, Jaguars, Raiders, Dolphins, Titans, and Lions all have more recent winning and playoff seasons than we do...and we've only had a 3 year slide.  We've got to earn back some faith, so what?  So be it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-20-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - Nately120 - 08-21-2019, 12:37 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - J24 - 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM