Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
(08-21-2019, 09:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How did a coach (ML) many disrespect do in year one?

https://www.bengals.com/history/years/2002

I will help you, read above. He took a team from 2-14 to 8-8, yet some fans think too much to ask for ZT to take a team from 6-10 to 9 or 10 wins year one? A team decimated by injury to key players in 2018?

It confuses me. If he is incredible as you state, we should expect a 4 to 6 game improvement in my mind.

FYI..Our 1st round pick in 2003 did not start, it was Carson Palmer so lose that excuse also.

Gee thanks, dude. I was there. Condescend much?

Yes, Marvin showed instant improvement upon taking control. God bless him for that. It also took him 3 seasons to post a winning season, and he only posted a winning record once in his first 6 years. If that's the standard we're going to hold ZT to then let's go all the way and give him the same benefit of the doubt. Instead we're here saying he has to improve on a hypothetical number of wins that last years team didn't even get close to because hey, maybe they could have, possibly, who knows. Seems fair.

As people love to point out, Zach is taking over a team coming off 3 straight losing seasons. On top of that, last year the Bengals had the worst defense in the league. How anyone looks at that and says "9 wins or he's a failure" is beyond me, and that's not even mentioning how his front office did next to nothing to help him in free agency (compare that to Marvin's first offseason), his star WR is already out and he's lost his first round draft pick for the year (so he's in the same boat as Marvin on that one, no leg up there).

"If he is incredible as you state"? You're pulling a Fred and responding to things people didn't say - show me where I said ZT was an incredible coach. I don't know what type of coach he is going to be and neither do you. All I'm saying is let's give the guy a friggin' chance to get acclimated with a bad team before we go all "playoffs or bust" on the guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-20-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - NKURyan - 08-21-2019, 12:44 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - J24 - 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM