Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
(08-21-2019, 12:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps some may see calling our most successful coach in franchise history "shitty" and claiming we are instantly going to be better without a guy who at least got our woebegone franchise to the playoffs 6 times in 7 years as being negative.

I'm glad we moved on from Marvin, but the guy won 131 games here and apparently the optimistic take is that Marvin isn't fit to lick the boots of a HC who runs a good practice, compliments the hell out of Bobby Hart, and claims a guy who is going to miss the whole season is "dinged up."  Again, I wish we had moved on from Mavin sooner, but I don't see how me waiting to declare "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" is particularly negative.  

I know I'm not...then again, I'm not convinced ZT is already leaps and bounds better than Marvin.  I expect some sort of growing pains, because as enthused as he and the player and fans are, the guy got a huge promotion to come here.  He's learning on the job.  Thrown into the deep end and so on.  

I don't disrespect Marv's overall mediocre record, slightly over .500.

But his in game coaching and prime time and Playoff record was abhorrent and if you didn't see this i don't know what to tell you. You trying to pick apart those little things that Taylor and his staff have done is weird to me. None of us know exactly what is going on and complimenting one of your players is not a bad thing especially when in reality Bobby Hart was a better all around OT than Cordy Glenn was last season.

I like what I have seen so far in Taylor, he is nothing like Marv, which to me, is a start.

We need to move on from Marv and from what I have seen Taylor is the perfect guy to start anew, we will see.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-20-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - J24 - 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM