Poll: regular season wins
0-4
12-16
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record prediction.....open poll
(08-21-2019, 10:48 AM)3wt Wrote: I'm on the negative wagon here Nate, but I agree with what you say about the coaching staff.   They are the ones that give me the greatest hope for the season.   

I just think we've had too many injuries, I have no confidence in Ross (though I have a pleading hope), the offensive line shows a promise for the future (mostly Williams and Jordan) but is currently unable to get any push in the running game, our line-backing squad could be on the upswing, but is overall too weak and the WR room really has two players we can rely on for sure - and one of them is injured.

Cleveland looks like the real deal, Pittsburgh's offense will be challenged, but they still have a great O-line, QB, RB (I'm a Conner fan), tough and serviceable TEs and decent WRs.  And their defense is good - and improving at the LB and DB position.   I don't know what to think of the Ravens.

I could easily see us getting swept by the north - though I think we'll split with the Ravens.

The bottom line is that we have a lot to overcome.   But there is the chance that if we stay healthy and a few players really pan out (Ross,  Pratt, P. Brown, A. Brown, M. Jordan, Price and whoever plays right guard) - OK that's more than a few - we could have a pretty good season!

I understand your take 3wt as always. I think our two biggest weaknesses have been upgraded and we won 6 games last year with a stale team that looked lost and was showing lack of effort at times. The O-line is looking good in pass protection, need to get the penalties in check and need to improve in the run blocking as you note but Mixon had a bad Line last season and still led the AFC in rushing and our Line could still improve in this aspect. Sample helps the Line out too.

The Linebackers look much better under Tem already and with the addition of Pratt i think we have a future star. Preston needs to be healthy, Vigil and Evans have looked much better this Offseason and Camp etc. I mean i see more positives than negatives myself. But i have to admit i cannot be negative, takes too much out of you. Some i guess like to let themselves down so they don't fall but that is not me and in the end it is just a game and it is Taylor's first season at HC but i think he has a lot of great tools to work with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-20-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - 3wt - 08-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2019, 01:44 PM
RE: Record prediction.....open poll - J24 - 08-21-2019, 11:57 AM