Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Dalton-less) Overrated Player Thread
(08-23-2019, 10:32 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I factor in salary and production, due to too many missed games it is AJ Green. We don't get the full value from AJ because you can't produce when not on the field. I am not blaming AJ (can't help injuries) and he is an awesome threat while on the field. But, look at what he is paid (top 3 to 5 WR) and his production (not in top 10) and is does not equal.

As for not taking salary/compensation into the equation:

Dunlap

He is one of my favorite all time players (so is Green), but he seems to disappear at times and no longer can dominate consistently. He is still a solid DE who plays both run and pass well, but seems to be digressing as he ages.

The problem is if you put Dunlap in this discussion Geno has had occasions as well.

I think game to game you'll run into mis-matches that favor the opponent for whatever reasons.

Geno and Dunlap are still great/very good players but not automatic dominant players every single game.

I've seen guys even like JJ Watt get cancelled out.

Whether it's individual match-up, double teaming, or offensive blocking scheme as a whole.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The (Dalton-less) Overrated Player Thread - BengalsRocker - 08-23-2019, 10:40 AM