Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Dalton-less) Overrated Player Thread
(08-23-2019, 10:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol on the Dunlap people...

Back when the PFF grades were actually clarified, he was a top 10 DE and top 5 LDE, every year since 2010.

Aside from the sacks (which are middling to good), his overall pressure numbers are ALWAYS top 5 in the league, year in, year out; fact is, he beats his man consistently more than other DEs. FACT.

Then, when it comes to the run game, he is just superb; easily another top 5 DE in the league in run D and has been that since day 1; his TFL numbers are fantastic as well, not to mention he forces big fumbles every year; I can remember 3 off the top my of my head (with the SF one in 2015 being the most memorable), where he was out of the play, ran back into it and came in for the forced fumble.

Impact is cloudcuckoolanding like he normally does, but he is right about the finishing; Dunlap would DEFINITELY have the sack record, if he could just finish sacks, as the rest of his pressure numbers support  15+ sacks a year.

EDIT: Forgot about passes defensed!

Look at this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/defense.htm#defense::pass_defended

Look at the, "pos," heading.

'nuff said.

2nd EDIT** Actually, look at this: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_defended_career.htm

The only lineman above him is Watt and, while I didn't go through every name, I believe they are the top 2 lineman in NFL history, at PDs.

Most overrated?

Can't really think of anyone, save for Finley lol

Let me know when Dunlap puts Mayfield or Rothlisberger 
On the ground this year.
Cause last year both QBs had clean jerseys vs the Bengals.
And to beat those teams you can't let those QBs get comfortable and just dissect a defense 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The (Dalton-less) Overrated Player Thread - impactplaya - 08-23-2019, 12:13 PM