Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff
(08-23-2019, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone has an assignment on coverage.  If everyone just went for the tackle there would be lanes open all over the field.

That being said you would think the best coverage guys would get the most tackles.  But I am pretty sure Core is a blocker on the return teams also.

Funny how when I try to show how good one of our defensive players is with high tackle numbers the haters say tackle numbers are meaningless and just "jumping on the pile".  Then they turn around and try to use nothing but tackle numbers to discredit a guy like Core.

Tackles definitely aren't meaningless. Not everyone who "jumps on the pile" gets credit for a tackle.
Those who oppose tackle stats likely take the view of "you can make a tackle 20 yards downfield" so the value is diminished. In that case, I can see how tackles could be valued less compared to turnovers, sacks, and TFLs. However, on the flip side, a tackle prevents a score, so every tackle has SOME value.

Basically, everyone wants something that's measurable. That's how you (more) quickly determine value. In the case of ST, it's extremely hard to put measurables on each individual and therefore it's really difficult to determine how good someone is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - Sled21 - 08-23-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - pally - 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - ochocincos - 08-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - ochocincos - 08-25-2019, 04:05 PM