Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff
(08-23-2019, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair. Tate won't get down the field as fast as Core.

What I've seen of Core on ST (when I've noticed him) was that he is one of the first people to the returner. Couldn't that role be filled by a fast LB (Jefferson runs 4.52) or DB? Brandon Wilson is faster than Core and has more experience tackling given he's played defense. Dennard runs a 4.51, as did BW Webb. Damion Willis was timed at a 4.48 at his Pro Day (typically Pro Days are a few hundredths of a second faster than what Combine clocks you at).

My point is there are other about-as-fast guys besides Core that could probably fill the speed that Core has on ST and give Tate a role blocking earlier in coverage instead.

If special team players were average, they would not be on SPECIAL TEAMS.

Seriously, Simmons has to mold a unit of 11 guys on each team, it is not as easy as it looks as these guys fill multiple roles of the different special teams. Core or Tate may be the gunner on punt coverage team and blocker on outside on punt return team, 2 different responsibilities they needs to perform well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - Sled21 - 08-23-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - pally - 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - Luvnit2 - 08-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff - ochocincos - 08-25-2019, 04:05 PM