Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith: Huge Improvement at Left Tackle
(09-02-2019, 04:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've always been a quiet fan of Andre Smith.  When healthy and motivated, he has always been a top notch player.  

It is true that he was a LT for Alabama, but a victim of Whitworth being an excellent LT in his first tour with the Bengals.  If he can hold off J Clowney in  game one?  I say give him a $1M bonus and call the LT position his.  When Cordy Glenn gets back to health, let him fight for the LG spot and be the 3rd wheel at Tackle.  Cordy's run blocking sucks ass, anyway..

Agree with all of this Sunset, nice post.

(09-02-2019, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Andre declined pretty much over the past 2 years. If he can even be an average LT, I'd be happy.

He was pretty bad last year with the Cardinals and here.

Some of you guys in the forum are trying to wish into existence the offensive line being good...but the reality is most of the guys are below average or worse.

Andre lost weight and is playing better because of it.

You are trying to not let yourself down Pistons as usual.

I thought you were a PFF guy. PFF and the eye test show our O-line, (top guys) were great in pass protection.

Hopkins was the best in the NFL this preseason.

With some unpredictable playcalling our run blocking should come along too.

(09-02-2019, 05:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I won't be shedding any tears if Andre gets the job done and Glenn has no starting position to come back to. 

Me neither.

(09-02-2019, 05:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He basically has no options around the NFL other than the Bengals. The Cardinals waived him last year.

The Bengals pretty much have no better option too.

It's a match made in mediocrity!

So what are you whining about?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andre Smith: Huge Improvement at Left Tackle - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-02-2019, 06:12 PM