Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will our run defense look like this year?
I think part of the reason our run defense has been so terrible at times under Marv is that our focus is always stopping the pass. We get caught trying to rush the pass and then get killed in the run game.
The way the rules favor passing offense, I think it's really hard to stop the pass. I still think you have to stop the run game first. I think if you stop the run game, it makes it easier to stop the pass. I don't think this is a rule of thumb that has changed with the new rules. We see it happen to us all the time. We can't run the ball, it puts more pressure on our pass protection and passing game, we get one dimensional, we lose.

I get that we need to stop the pass, and I think we are built to stop the pass based on the players Marv developed and drafted. Great pass rush, lots of cover corners. However, if we don't stop the run we are in for a long year. If we do stop the run we will see the opponents fall behind in the down and distance and we will see our pass defense tee off.

So, again, my question is how do you see us lining up on run downs. Do you expect our scheme to be better than Marv's was at stopping the run?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will our run defense look like this year? - Bengalstripes9 - 09-04-2019, 11:09 AM