Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing this much is not sustainable
(09-09-2019, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think we all liked what we saw from the passing attack. Dalton was 35-51 for 418 yards...but he was also sacked 5 times.

That's the big flaw. He'll get sacked and pressured and throw ints throwing that many times.

We'll definitely need to clean up the running game.

Is the line capable of getting push? Seattle struggled against the run last year. I know different seasons in the NFL can yield different results.

They were playing the best set of linebackers in the league. The Seahawks aligned specifically to stop the run so we took what they were giving us by sitting in their base D 71% of the time. It wasn't a coincidence they were throwing as much as they did, but Seattle would not personnel match to get a lighter box so Taylor kept throwing. He did the right thing, you don't run just to run and funny enough the play action was still working. 

Most teams are going to personnel match, especially going forward I expect teams to go super lite in order to stop the pass which should offer a lot of running opportunities. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passing this much is not sustainable - Au165 - 09-09-2019, 10:04 AM