Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think it can be understated
(09-11-2019, 03:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: the importance of Taylor trying to score with less than a minute in the 1st half.

There were times where Marvin Lewis would try to score with less than a minute but those times were rare. IIRC, it was basically if we were down more than 2 scores and the other team was getting the ball first in the 2nd half, THEN Marv would try to score.

In every other situation, Marvin would call a running play and if it got a huge chunk of yardage, he would try to get at least a FG, but usually it didn't and he'd run the clock out.

We were only down 4 points, but Taylor still tried to score even though there was less than a minute to go and, lo and behold we scored!

I hope he continues to be aggressive.

Very true, this isn't the same Bengals team we have seen for the last 16 years.

This is what teams like the Patriots, Chiefs, Rams and Packers do. They want to take the lead before the Half.

Taylor has fun out there and it will be rewarded, it is a game in the end. 

You can tell when the players are having fun they play better. But we want to win.

Hopefully the winning starts this Sunday against San Fran. Think it will with this team even if the Niners are tough.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think it can be understated - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-12-2019, 11:42 AM