Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think it can be understated
(09-11-2019, 08:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Dehner's search took both time remaining and the starting spot on the field into account. I believe he searched for something like "drives with 75+ yards to go and <60 seconds on the clock", just like the Bengals faced at that moment in the Seattle game. This one wouldn't have shown up because it was a shorter distance.

FWIW

Bengals started on their own 15 with 1:03 on the clock, so you have to give kind of give credit. The first 2 plays were runs by Gio, the 2nd being a first down. From that point it was 1st and 10 from their own 26 with 0:47 seconds on the clock. Two passes got them to Clevelands 49 with 0:20 seconds left. 

So...one time in 16 years? That's an outlier and in true Marv fashion he started the drive with 2 runs to 'see what he could get'. Very conservative. It wasn't a pass, pass, pass with the intent to score. 

Though, i would say that in those 16 years, Marv did attempt to be aggressive at the end of the half--it just didn't work. I'm confident saying that because i can recall thinking that it was out of the norm for him, even though the outcome wasn't a score. 

One more note on the Cleveland play...it was a home game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think it can be understated - rfaulk34 - 09-13-2019, 01:37 AM