Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-12-2019, 06:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sam Wyche started off 0-5 in his first year. Marv started off 0-3 and got blown out at home in his first game, against the Broncos. Bengals were 7-9 and 2-14, repsectively the previous years. 

Both ended up finishing 8-8 in their first year. Wyche was in the SB in his 5th year, 10-6 and just missed the playoffs in his 3rd year. Marv had a SB contending team in his 3rd year. 

Were their slow starts reminiscent of previous teams or predictive of what they would become? Point is, you can't hold a new coach accountable for what the previous team(s) did. And you can't expect them to turn a team around 180 degrees the first year. 

Hell, wunderkind McVay only started off 3-2 his first year and he had a #1 overall pick at QB and Gurley from the get. 

Well, yeah...their slow starts were reminiscent of previous seasons as they reflected the previous seasons in that they weren't that great, hence reminded you of similarities to previous losing seasons.

Maybe Taylor can change the culture, maybe he can't. The question was to give your personal feel for if you've seen enough to impact your evaluation the rest of the season. Me personally, I haven't. Not saying we looked bad but yes, sorry, I was reminded of too many times when we had the better team etc. and still made just enough key mistakes and the other team made just enough great plays to put one in the L column.

Is what it is my friend. I personally like what ZT has done thus far, but one game, especially a loss, is not enough to sway me yet. Its my opinion, and you obviously disagree. Good thing we don't all have to share the same opinion on here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - R3stangs - 09-13-2019, 12:54 PM