Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-13-2019, 12:54 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Well, yeah...their slow starts were reminiscent of previous seasons as they reflected the previous seasons in that they weren't that great, hence reminded you of similarities to previous losing seasons.

Maybe Taylor can change the culture, maybe he can't. The question was to give your personal feel for if you've seen enough to impact your evaluation the rest of the season. Me personally, I haven't. Not saying we looked bad but yes, sorry, I was reminded of too many times when we had the better team etc. and still made just enough key mistakes and the other team made just enough great plays to put one in the L column.

Is what it is my friend. I personally like what ZT has done thus far, but one game, especially a loss, is not enough to sway me yet. Its my opinion, and you obviously disagree. Good thing we don't all have to share the same opinion on here.

I'm just sayin', it's not fair to fall into the "same ole same ole" argument. He has to play with, largely, the same team as the year before and like the coaches that were mentioned, it's going to take some time to turn around a team that's had 3 straight losing seasons. 

At this point, the only thing you can really look at is effort and scheme and decide if that looks different or the same and you can definitely use that as a barometer of what's to come--or what's to be expected. The game in Seattle has me believing they should win at leas the next two, give Pitt a run for their money and then come back with a win against Arizona. So a 3-2 and possibly 4-1 record doesn't seem improbable.

If they had come out and played defense like last year, had no running game and Dalton threw for 250 or so and they lost by 14+, i'd be "yeeesh, long year ahead". 

But, even though they did lose, they showed some promise of better things to come. 

Of course, if they lose to SF at home...the gloves come off!!  Rant

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - rfaulk34 - 09-13-2019, 03:17 PM