Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-12-2019, 07:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: A rookie coach and coaching staff meant we entered this season with a high degree of unpredictability. We just didn't know what to expect. We've now had a taster and the coach and his schemes so how has that additional evidence changed your expectations of what to now expect this year?

For those of you predicting 5 or 6 win seasons have you revised your win expectations upwards?

For those that were predicting 9 or 10 win seasons have you revised your win expectation downwards now we've dropped a game you maybe had as a win?

Good thread idea

Still, unless you were hoping 16-0, I don't see how it changes much.  Oh, I'll say that I was hoping Bengals didn't look awful and they could have At Seattle.   I could say they looked better than I thought.  I could say they controlled the 1st quarter and then the Erickson punt fumble changed all that.  Still, I saw a lot that I liked.  However if they come out and stink up the place against 49ers, they go backwards. 

So I'm still in a wait and see, but Hopeful Mode.  I know it's NEW DEY,  first new head coach in decades. I know the team stunk last few years.  I know the team didn't have very many good players the last few years.  A combination of bad players and bad coaching led to the bad seasons last 2 or 3 years.  I know that if other fans don't.  So team has new coaches and has made some players moves.  On the O Line alone top picks Ogbuhei and Fisher are gone and Price is on the bench to start the season.  They moved on from Bufict soap opera. 

So for me it's way too early to have an opinion on NEW DEY, other than NEW DEY was needed.  I saw that when Browns fired Hue Stinks and Marvin brought him right back. Some fans wanting Hue to be coach although he was so awful in Cleveland was Rock Bottom. How awful the team was last 3 years and getting worse with each game on a downhill slide.  So NEW DEY was needed.  Now it's just giving the new coach some time, because this team didn't get awful over night, and it probably won't get better over night.  Think of the Bengals as a car in a ditch.  You can cry about it, or you can tow the car out, fix the repairs, and try to keep it on the road once you get it back on the road.  

I'm hoping for a win Sunday.  It would hurt if they look awful.  Still, I will blame some of it on Mike Brown and Marvin driving the team into the ditch and Taylor still trying to get it out of the ditch and make some repairs to get it back on the road.  Because this team was bad, the coaches, the players, this team was bad and very much a last place team.  Only a couple players had a good season last year, but the majority of the team was just awful.  I admit how awful the team was.  So bad, I couldn't watch them and that has only happened to me in BUNGLES years of some of 1990's and early 2000's and some of Homer Rice era of late 70's.  So there is much rebuilding to be done.   

I am hoping NEW DEY gets it's first win Sunday we all don't have to wait weeks and weeks for that.  So my Mood stays on Hopeful.  I thought Bengals looked better last week than in 2018.  Now go get a Win in Home Opener.  I will add that even though Bengals only won about 6 games Forrest Gregg first year, I saw a difference from Homer Rice team. Gregg had them blocking and tackling much better and it set up the next years Super Bowl team. You lay the ground work and you get good draft picks like Munoz and Collinsworth. Bengals 2019 is a rebuild and I am Hopeful that they can lay the bricks for a good Roaring 20's by Bengals.

Bengals have just been awful on #1 draft picks which is part of the losing, but I'm hopeful Ross and Jackson do start earning the high picks. Riding the pines may help Price. He had bad rookie injury as did Ross, Jackson & most Bengal Top Picks, and is still kind of a rookie, so I'm hoping he can play Center or Guard someday. Coach Urban Meyer said he was one of best players he ever had as a coach, so I'm holding out hope that it was just the injury that has him a year off pace, plus 2 head coaches for him in the first 17 months he has been in NFL, plus the bad rookie injury. So if Ross, Jackson and maybe even Price someday end up looking like not so awful picks, that would help. I'm Hopeful.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - kevin - 09-14-2019, 05:19 AM