Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-15-2019, 08:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who say our dominance in losing at Seattle means nothing, what would you be saying if we lost by 1 at Seattle, but they had had 429 yards to our 232?

I have a hunch those same fans would be saying we are a 3 or 4 win team with no hope.

The yardage was impressive. The amount of points we scored for that amount of yardage wasn't impressive. The defense was impressive to.

Interestingly, last year the Cardinals were 3-13. Seattle was fighting by a playoff spot that last game of the season. They beat the Cardinals by 3 in Seattle 27-24. That's what they do. They play close games and win at the end. 

They LOST to the 4-12 49ers by 3. They beat the Panthers by 3 who had a bad year. They beat the Packers by 3. They lost to the Chargers. They beat the Cardinals by 3 (who were 3-13) so both Cardinals games they won by only 3. They lost to the Broncos.

They play close games generally and seem to play down to their competition. I doubt that Cardinals fans in their 3-13 year were all ecstatic about 2 3 point losses to Seattle.

I really wish we found a way to win that game.

I think we're to the point that we need to put the Seahawks game behind us from a debate perspective and need to absolutely win against BOTH the 49ers and Bills. IF this team is really improved, then beating the 49ers and Bills would be on the roadmap to making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - THE PISTONS - 09-15-2019, 11:25 AM