Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-15-2019, 08:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who say our dominance in losing at Seattle means nothing, what would you be saying if we lost by 1 at Seattle, but they had had 429 yards to our 232?

I have a hunch those same fans would be saying we are a 3 or 4 win team with no hope.

It’s one game. How does it make sense to change all of your expectations either way after a single game? The Bengals didn’t get blown away on the road in a hostile environment. They were good enough that particular week to not get blown out and they weren’t good enough to pull out a game that was there for the taking. Shouldn’t it take more than one game to declare that a team is this or that? I’ve always thought that evaluating after 4 games is a decent measure of what you’ve got. If the Bengals can win today and be 2-2 after 4 games then I will be impressed. If they are 1-3 and have more yards then their opponents for the year, it doesn’t matter. They could have more points than their opponents for the year and be 1-3. That would make them like the Reds scoring more than their opponents and having a losing record. I like what I’ve heard from this coach and hopefully it begins to translate into wins starting today!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - Circleville Guy - 09-15-2019, 11:38 AM