Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ's injury a blessing in disgise ?
(09-13-2019, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  For years, I've sort of thought that AJ was a bit of a security blanket for Andy.  There have been moments where I see Andy lock onto AJ with almost tunnel vision, much to the detriment of all the other receiving targets out there.  However, every time AJ gets injured, other receivers seem to become stars.

For example, look at Mo Sanu and Marvin Jones.  When AJ went down for a period in 2014, Andy was forced to rely on those two.  They both went on to land lucrative free agency deals, just a season later.  Now, look at Tyler Boyd.  When AJ was dinged up, Andy found faith in TB, and he just landed a nice extension with the Bengals.  Last week, it was John Ross to reap the benefits of AJ Green not being in the lineup.

So, yes I can see the OP's point.  Let's just hope that when AJ Green does return to the lineup, he doesn't get re-injured due to overwork..

AJ Green has 1027 targets in 110 games which means he's targeted an average of 9.3 times per game.  Dalton targeted John Ross 12 times in week 1, so who is really being forced-fed targets here?

https://www.fftoday.com/stats/players/11858/A.J._Green
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ's injury a blessing in disgise ? - Nately120 - 09-13-2019, 05:38 PM