Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ's injury a blessing in disgise ?
(09-13-2019, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So let's see....32.8 attemps and 9.3 per game go to Green = 28.3%

Dalton had 51 attempts last week and 12 went to Ross and that = 23.5%

Ok, well I guess that means Ross wasn't target more than AJ Green.  Ok, well if that percentage goes any higher for Ross we'd better be upset that Dalton is getting tunnelvision for Ross, fair enough?

At this point, Andy's a veteran QB and I think he can generally be trusted to make the correct presnap reads and throw to the to the open guy.  Honestly, if he can't be trusted to do that, he really shouldn't be the starter.

I think he definitely forced the ball to AJ a lot early in his career, but that's something all young QB's do.  I think that because of that, now whenever he gets fooled by a coverage and throws to a double covered AJ, we assume he's just reverting back to those tendencies and don't consider that maybe the defense disguised the coverage in order to bait a bad throw.  

In Seattle, it seemed they concentrated on doubling Boyd and they struggled to cover Ross one on one.  However, Boyd, Ross, Willis, and Erickson all got early catches to get them confidence and into the game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ's injury a blessing in disgise ? - Whatever - 09-13-2019, 08:35 PM