Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts after a few weeks...
(09-17-2019, 04:32 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Intelligent isn't a word used to describe people who use the phrase "Bye Felicia."  There is a different word that comes to mind.  I see this board has a lot of them.

Well, i'm sure you're a nice guy in real life because you haven't gone off the deep end on this board yet--despite the backlash you're sure to, and have gotten, with all the Dalton excuses. The problem is, you haven't really shown an ability to understand or accept reality. You say things like Brady is a system QB, which is completely false. A system QB is a guy that can only be successful in a limited system, e.g., a running team that passes when necessary or a WCO that rarely takes deep shots or an RPO--all of them being systems that don't need the QB to throw a lot and have the game put on his shoulders to throw the team back into a game. 

Brady is not a system QB, number one, because Belichick doesn't run a simple, limited system. He runs a very complicated system that requires very smart players and he adapts his game plan week to week to attack the weaknesses of the team he's playing. Along with that, he comes up with wrinkles that his opponents haven't seen, that cause them to be less effective on one or the other--or both--sides of the ball. 

Number two, system QBs don't come in and win a SB their very first year starting and then go on to win 5 more. They don't throw for the number of yards and TDs that Brady has thrown for either. People point to the 11-5 record the Pats had in 2008 with Matt Cassel, yet fail to realize that Cassel was very average that year and failed to make the playoffs, something Brady has never done when winning double digit games in any year. 

On my earlier post, you completely glossed over my example of how different QBs, and the decisions they make, fail or succeed to different levels based on the decisions they make. I'm guessing you meant Sports Center when you said SC, but i guarantee you, you've never seen anyone on SC, ESPN overall or NFLN make that point and since i watch maybe 5 minutes of ESPN in any given week, i couldn't possibly re-spout anything they say--not that i would because most of them don't know their asshole from a hole in the ground. What you did do, was take the very last mini-paragraph i threw in there at the last minute, right before i hit submit and created an entire reply based on that. I don't give 2 shits about Mahommes, but he does things Dalton couldn't do on his very best day. 

You've joined this MB and done the exact same thing every other Dalton supporter does. You talk about how everything else has always been broken around him and if any other QB was here, they would perform the same way and that's completely untrue, based on the example i've given you in the previous paragraph. 'He was handcuffed by Marv...his Oline...no support in the run game...Marv...injuries...dropped passes...Marv...the weather...Marv...'. 

This year, he's been given a new coach and a new offense. His defense played lights out in the first game and he threw for a ton of yards, yet he failed to make throws that lead to a win. That goes directly back to what i said in my previous post; he does enough to be an average NFL starter and can play above avererage with other things being in place, but he still fails to make the throw or throws to vault him in the conversation with all the other top 10 QBs in the league. 

P.S. "bye Felicia" is actually an indicator that as well as knowing what i'm talking about regarding football, i'm also well versed in pop culture--leading to the conclusion that i am, in fact, intelligent. 

P.P.S. I'm sure you will find one or two sentences from this post, that have very little to nothing to do with the main point, and focus on that in your reply since it's much easier than digesting and understanding the point i'm making about QBs. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts after a few weeks... - thillan - 09-16-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-16-2019, 12:24 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - pally - 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - rfaulk34 - 09-17-2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 02:05 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - Brimey - 09-17-2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - Brimey - 09-17-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 08:23 PM