Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts after a few weeks...
(09-18-2019, 07:05 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Ever hear the phrase "we can logically conclude"?

Logic is what allows us to conjecture, but do go on.

As to the Strawman... the post speak for themselves.  You and Nicomo, at least, have been adamant that we need to move on from Dalton.  When pressed to who should replace him, Nicomo said "if we are picking TOP 5 and a QB prospect that Taylor likes", that is so vague as to not actually be an answer.  However I agreed with him on the sentiment.  The problem is though, what happens if Taylor doesn't like the QB prospect that is hyped up throughout the process?  I can probably conjecture that at this point those who loved that prospect will call for Taylor to be fired.

BTW:  I have tried to keep this civil, however, you and Nicomo have been frothing with irrational disdain for anyone who seems to challenge your sentiments about evaluating QBs, especially Dalton.  I have seen that you have a Dalton subforum, and I know there are Haters Vs Supporters but my argument isn't strictly about Dalton, but about QB evaluation as a whole.  Neither one of you have stuck to a coherent argument and have tried to just get "digs" in and then proceed to make the vast majority of your post about Dalton, only and how he isn't any good just because you both have said so.  You have said you were going to ignore me, I have said I was going to ignore you, maybe we should just do so, hmm?

I will grant you frothing, but only at the numerous excuses you're offering, that are the same excuses that have been posted hundreds of times here. 

The simple answer to replacing Dalton is with Finley. He's the only QB on the roster right now who has a chance. The Giants just replaced Eli with a rookie. Are the Bengals so good, they can't possibly replace Dalton? But, before we get too far ahead...i'd rather they didn't replace him right now, but i wouldn't be upset if they did. 

Basically, you've accused me of saying he's terrible and wanting him gone right now, which isn't true. 

If you don't think i've stuck to a coherent argument, you're not reading my posts. I can give you my opinion on what i consider any QBs strength or weakness, but i just can't keep from being completely astounded when someone says Brady is a system QB. 

So, you come on board (welcome, btw), immediately start throwing Dalton excuses around, which people have been doing for years now, say things like Brady is a system QB...and then you're surprised when people question you?

Feel free to ignore me. I said i would, if you just kept offering excuses, and i've not done what i said. At some point, maybe i will. Or maybe i'll just be bored and go ahead and engage you again. Or maybe i'll see a point that i like and reply to that.  Life is wonderful that way :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts after a few weeks... - thillan - 09-16-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-16-2019, 12:24 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - pally - 09-16-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 07:00 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 02:05 AM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - Brimey - 09-17-2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - Brimey - 09-17-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - J24 - 09-17-2019, 08:23 PM
RE: Thoughts after a few weeks... - jason - 09-18-2019, 02:07 PM