Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Has Big Game Against Buffalo
(09-21-2019, 01:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I fear it's Turners scheme. Or our RB Coach. Maybe Turner is a better pass blocking OL Coach? Williams did lead the SEC in rushing, but his lines have always been finesse. Have we seen any pulls? The rb coach didn't really develop any talent in Oakland and Indy (old man Gore can run anywhere). So he's unknown as we begin to get to know these coaches and look for improvements in their position groups. Turner doesn't have the talent so you don't know if better Guards (and Tackles) would help, but the inability to run with deep threats and legit targets at receiver is one of mysteries of the season.

Not that we should have expected a significant upgrade in our run game, but to fall off from what we built late last season is a disappointment.

Do we miss Boling, Redmond, and Glenn that much? The oline is a mess, and we should have hired run game and pass game coordinators like  other teams who opted out of having a OC when the HC called plays. Maybe then the run game would get equal focus and expertise.

Boling-Price-Redmond.  They made a difference.  I also think the new RB coach may be doing something different.  Maybe Turner as well.  Price will be playing LG against Bills, lets see if Bengals run more to the left this week.  Running between the tackles, however, has not looked good.  And when there is  a good run, somebody has a penalty.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mixon Has Big Game Against Buffalo - kevin - 09-21-2019, 01:54 AM
RE: Mixon Has Big Game Against Buffalo - psychdoctor - 09-21-2019, 02:04 PM