Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor fails to win a single game
(09-21-2019, 05:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If a HC takes a team Marvin Lewis could get 8 wins out of and gets 0 wins out of them I would seriously doubt said HC with 0 wins would have much potential, at all.  I also don't think ZT goes 0-16, but if he were actually good for 8 fewer wins than Marvin Lewis I'd say we'd be insane to NOT fire him.

I beyond fine with Marvin being gone, but if ZT goes 0-16 and we are still hyped about how much "potential" he has, then we are bordering on crazy.

I was, of course, exaggerating. The point is, I'm happy and excited ZT is here, even at 0-2. He's not a miracle worker and given this roster, I wouldn't expect him to turn this team into SB contenders at this point. It's clear now that he needs time to rebuild. The potential is there though. 

It's gotta be a given we at least beat the Jets and Dolphins. No way are we THAT bad. And then there's bound to be 2-3 games we eke out, perhaps unexpectedly. Likely more if this team shows up again like it did in Seattle. I'd say we'll be somewhere around 6-10 by the end of the season. Not good, but not horrible. Below average, but with this roster, that's a positive.

As for those scoffing at the idea of Taylor needing a few seasons to reshape this team.... just look at Kyle Shanahan. I believe this is his third year as coach of the Niners and he's finally to a point where he's getting things really moving the way he wants. The Niners are finally looking like they MAY be a playoff contender again. I believe this team will play out similarly. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Taylor fails to win a single game - Adamantium - 09-22-2019, 04:01 AM