Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor fails to win a single game
I'm rather bumfuzzled as to why this is such a heated argument.

I think everyone agreed Marvin needed to go. For reference, check any game thread from the past 3 seasons.

With whom he was replaced has no bearing on the first premise. That's a separate discussion.

Even if the Bungles hired Mr. Potato Head to replace Marvin (which they might have actually done), it doesn't change the fact that moving on from Merv was the correct thing to do. Therefore, discussing whether or not we'd be better off right now if he was still here is pointless, because we all agree we weren't going to be where we wanted to be and had no chance whatsoever to get there. Does it matter if Zac goes 0-16 and Merv might have gone 4-12? Do those 4 wins make it that much easier to sleep at night? Melatonin is a better option, or just drink heavily. If you've hitched your hopes to this wagon, you've probably been engaged in the latter since around 7 am today.

The question going forward is whether or not Zac Taylor is going to be a good coach. I'll be accused of some hyperbole here, but his early returns have not been fantastic. I'm going to withhold judgment until I see what he can do with at least some semblance of a team. That dreck we trot out there on Sundays is a losing proposition for anyone. Almighty Merv included.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Taylor fails to win a single game - RunKijanaRun - 10-22-2019, 09:13 AM