Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do we make the switch at QB?
(09-23-2019, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are going to lose a lot of the older guys in the locker room if you do that unless Dalton is playing poorly.

It is easier to convince players to tank in baseball and basketball when they are not risking their bodies as much in the games.  

If you bench a QB who is playing well enough to win with a little help from the defense and running game it means you are giving up.

Trust me Fred, not picking on you, just wanted to respond to both of your posts because they were both very good. But let's think about it for a second. Would you really loose the older guys who want to win? If your focus is on winning, and their focus is the same? Why would it matter? The older guys on defense surely don't want to be out there busting their rumps like yesterday with little breaks in between because your offense can't keep you off the field. Now, that's not Daltons fault, but he is the leader of the offense and if it isn't getting done, then you try something different. I mean seriously, it's no different than a halftime adjustment right? When things aint working, you try something else.

As for Dalton playing well enough to win, well, that's highly debatable. We should have won game 1 and 3. As a leader of the offense, you are going to be held accountable. So let's hope he kicks the shit out of Pittsburgh and the momentum steam rolls throughout the rest of the season, because at the end of the day, I want Dalton out there getting his playoff run too.

Then there's this. Maybe all the changes in coaching and playbook has been a little overwhelming for these guys and it's just taking awhile to fire it up? I mean, really, who knows the underlying factors these guys are dealing with trying to put together their first win?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When do we make the switch at QB? - HarleyDog - 09-23-2019, 07:09 PM