Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT needs to change the offense right now
(10-01-2019, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's sad man that they are so bad. I feel bad for Taylor. He didn't know what he didn't know. He's going to destroy his career.

Coughlin questioned whether he could win here in 2003 the way things were setup...and ZT is the perfect storm. The Bengals gave him authority and he hired this staff...basically inexperienced friends, all with questionable track records.

In free agency, they brought in role players that they were familiar with.

I won't dig it up, but ZT did evaluate the roster and presumably was happy with guys like Bobby Hart and the LB's...or else I doubt the Bengals keep them.

I'd think even ZT would question this roster, however, he was unwilling to question MB, who I still believe is at the center of all this mess.  Or perhaps he has just trained the rest of the family and Duke to think just like him, but I doubt it.

Why won't MB retire?  Because he's having so much fun going to work everyday still having his fingers in everything. 

From an interview on March 28,2019 on ESPN

How have things changed with a new coaching staff?

Brown: "I try to meet with him and others on our staff every day. That’s changed. It used to be just me and Marvin (Lewis). Now we have Katie (Blackburn) and Troy and Paul (Brown) and Duke (Tobin) and Zac, so there’s a bigger group and more voices."

Sure doesn't sound like MB has given up much control at all.  They might have a bigger group with more voices, but MB runs his ship just as he always has.  Actually, I think Marvin probably had more influence on MB than anyone.  I just don't see ZT as that type of guy, especially in his first year with no head coaching experience.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ZT needs to change the offense right now - 2MinutesHate - 10-04-2019, 06:02 PM