Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th and 1 - Fake Draw from the shotgun QB Sneak???
(10-06-2019, 07:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really, that might have been the worst playcall that I've ever saw. There was a 0% chance it worked.

As the defensive line collapsed on Mixon, then you sneak Dalton 5 feet to the right of that where there is a wall of defenders.

Just terribly executed. If you're going to get cute like that - spread the defense out and fake a jet sweep or a screen and roll Dalton out.

Taylor is by far the worst coordinator in the NFL.

It was a pathetic choice.  We saw Dalton getting scolded on the sideline after, so maybe he made the wrong read.  Regardless, I couldn't help thinking what the 6'7" Jake Dolegala would do on a simple sneak.  

If they are going to move on from Dalton, and unless he signs a contract for half his market worth to stay here (not likely) they will be moving on,  I would like to see them spend a lot of next year's draft on the defense and give Dolegala a shot.  Everyone liked what they saw of Finley in the preseason, but I think with this team he would be a disaster.  He holds the ball a long time and doesn't even have Dalton's arm strength.  Dolegala has some insane tools.  It would be fun to see what he could do and just build the team before adding the franchise QB.  You might end up having something with him...and on a rookie deal, he would allow for some serious FA spending...of course, you first have to be willing to spend on a FA.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4th and 1 - Fake Draw from the shotgun QB Sneak??? - SHRacerX - 10-07-2019, 08:08 AM