Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green
(10-07-2019, 03:17 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I might be in the minority, but I’d ask AJ what he wants in this scenario. He’s stated several times that he wants to be a one franchise guy. If that’s still what he wants then I’d do what it takes to make him a Bengal for life. I feel like he’s earned that. If he wants a realistic chance at a super bowl before he retires, then trade him and get as much value as you can, but how many players actually want to stay in Cincinnati their entire careers? Do we really just want to trade that guy away? Wether we spend early picks on a QB, fixing the o-line, or finally addressing the LB corp, I don’t see how an extra first round pick makes us better than having a motivated AJ Green.

This.   But I also think many folks think we're way farther from competing than we really are.  It's ok to have one unit not so great (LB'ers).  But our O-line is the cause of many things, including tired ass defense.  That may very well be the reason our defense has been starting strong and eventually just gives way.  Keep AJ, let Dre get beaten by folks you have on the team already (healthy Dennard perhaps?)  and fix the o-line next year.  Voila, back to competing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green - wildcatnku24 - 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM