Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Here's the long and short of the Andy Dalton debate. In 2017 against the Browns, Dalton went 25 of 30 for 286 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 146.0. After the game in Jungle Noise, his game was still criticized. The 5 incomplete passes were used to show his poor QB play, his performance negated because it was against Cleveland, and he was still belittled for his performance. Some in this thread made some of the posts criticizing his performance for that game. Enough said.

That is not to say Andy hasn't had plenty of bad games. He has. That is not to say that Dalton doesn't make mistakes, make questionable decisions, have shortcomings, or infuriate fans with his actions at times. He does. All of this Dalton Gang, Dalton Lover bullshit is just that, bullshit. He deserves criticism sometimes. For some of you, that's all he's ever received. I understand that his position means he gets the bulk of the blame, but it is so over the top on here it's beyond ridiculous.

I also think it's time to move on. It's time for a rebuild and to start over. This season is done. The right thing, the smart thing, the thing that Mike Brown probably won't do is start making trades and getting as much draft capital as possible. We know he's not going to do shit in free agency, so lets load up on those draft picks. Contrary to popular belief, Andy Dalton has trade value. La Canfora interviewed 8 NFL GMs who said there is trade interest in Andy. Teams want to wait until after the season though. So trade anyone of value and let Dalton sink with this ship. Trade him in the offseason, do something about the OLine, and hand it over to Finley next season.

Why wait? Because even if we have the #1 pick next year, trading back and acquiring even more draft capital may be the smart move. Load up on picks for the next couple of drafts. Rebuild a new, young core to move forward with. If Finley isn't the guy, you can draft another QB in 2021. So much more needs to be addressed than QB.

Now all of this is not a defense of Dalton. To me, losing is losing. It doesn't matter who is at the helm. If Finley were to come in and light it up this season, that doesn't help anything. It would lower our draft pick and further cement the idea to ownership that there's not as many problems as we fans suggest. So I say let Dalton sink this thing like it's the Titanic. Trade Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Glenn, Dalton (after the season), DreK or WJIII, maybe even Mixon. Build up a bunch of draft picks for the next couple of seasons and move forward.

What would any of this hurt? Since every back up we've ever had has been better than Dalton anyway, Finley's going to be fine.

"That's a bingo!"

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-08-2019, 10:48 AM