Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil..
(10-07-2019, 10:42 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I thought it was obvious he would fail here and he has. He is a 2 down 'thumper' LB that is fast fading away in the NFL. Signing him was a mistake, signing him again was laughable. But since this team can't even draft a servicable LB you might as well sign a below average one. 

One thing I think was (or should have been) very obvious was that Marvin Lewis prioritized tackle statistics.
Preston Brown led the NFL in tackles his last year in BUF.
Marvin, just like Taylor, had to deal with a lack of a scouting department and not enough time to really deep dive into film on every player so he (likely) relied on past statistical production.
The Bengals FO also always seems to put a cap on the amount they will spend on an outside FA (I don't believe it's ever been more than $8 mill a year IIRC? - Glenn wasn't a FA so he doesn't count) so that also limits their prospects.

For the record, I didn't think Brown would "fail" in Cincinnati, but I knew his role should be limited due to his lack of range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil.. - ochocincos - 10-07-2019, 11:03 AM