Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil..
(10-07-2019, 07:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, and Decker has a PFF grade of 64 and Linsley 58.  They would still sadly be our 3rd and 4th highest graded OL behind Hopkins and Jerry, though.

Another point of frustration is that Ogbuehi was yet another in a long line of bust Texas A&M T's.

OL isn't how it used to be where you could get serviceable rookie starters in the 3rd fairly regularly.  It's hitting the point where there seems to be a higher bust rate for OL than QB's in the 1st anymore.  If we're going to build OL through the draft, we need to zero in on prospects who are coming from pro style offenses and come from programs with a history of success at producing NFL starters.

But 31 is ridiculously bad.  By comparison, Andre Smith is graded out at 50 and Hart 49, and they are both miles better than Jordan.  Even Redmond would be a significant upgrade at LG.  I understand letting youngsters play through their struggles to a point, but he's just getting clubbed like a baby seal out there. 

Gee...this long line of Texas A&M busts...who was their line coach there?  Hilarious 

'It will be Turner’s third stint of service at Texas A&M, having served as offensive line coach for Mike Sherman from 2008-11 and then returning for two more seasons under Kevin Sumlin from 2016-17.

A veteran of more than 20 seasons of coaching experience at all levels of football, Turner has developed multiple NFL offensive linemen at Texas A&M including NFL first-round selections Luke Joeckel, Jake Matthews and Cedric Ogbuehi.'
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had enough of Preston brown and nick vigil.. - THE PISTONS - 10-07-2019, 07:37 PM