Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
(10-08-2019, 11:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't trade Geno to get another player "as good", necessarily. You're talking about a guy coming out of college. If you get someone that becomes a solid starter (say an OG), it's a win/win. You got the capital to get the player and fix a spot on the line and you create a bit of cap space to go after a better FA. 

Of course, this is all spitting in the wind because that's not the Bengals MO. 

If i was sitting in the GM seat, i'd cut Hart and Andre, trade Geno and AJ, offer Dre and take whatever someone would give and then i would throw big money at Jack Conklin and Corey Littleton in FA, then i'd focus on OG, WR and LB in the draft. 

So next year's team would have Jonah back as well as having added Conklin. Hopkins, Price, and MJ are young, plus a (hopefully) good OG from the draft. Work on signing Mixon long term. You have a decent amount of WRs already on the team, lead by Boyd and on defense, they already have a lot of Dline, plus Littleton and Pratt heading the LBs with Brown and Vigil behind them and you have WJ3, Dennard and Phillips as your top 3 CBs. 

Yep. There's a big cap savings on Glenn too.

You could go the Buffalo route and add 22 free agents...which did help them. But, yes - I like your moves.

Also yes - Like you said, this is a philosophical exercise that we won't do. A team like the Dolphins will likely sign those guys.

So then, a rebuild here would mean 3 wins for several years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks - THE PISTONS - 10-08-2019, 11:45 PM