Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
Here's the realism:

AJ:

Final year of contract
Injured and recovering
32 yrs old

What's his value? Still think a first? NOT A CHANCE.

Atkins:

Signed big contract
Not performing to his typical standards
Is not young either.

Dunlap:
Signed big contract
Not performing to the same levels of similar paid DEs

So no- these guys can only be hard to trade anyhow. So we're pretty much stuck with the last two and AJ will be left to be a FA because no franchise could (in their right mind) pay the tag salary for him.

Sad part is they are 3 terrific guys. Reality is we're stuck with 2 of them.

I expect AJ and Dalton to be gone. We'll sign someone's flash in the pan a la Kitna at QB and try to develop a QB who can run under Taylor. Boyd will be our #1 WR, which will be a problem as there's no one on the other side yet that can keep him from doubles and there will be no one to throw to him.

We have no one worth trading on this team right now anyhow unless we eat part of the salaries- which begs the question of whether it is even worth it. Mixon has to be kept, though when we over paid Gio, makes me wonder if we'd screw that up.

This team is no where near playoff ready. I guess the FO thinks we will get lucky again and find a young Dalton and Green and make the playoffs next year. I think we're in for a long and tortured decade like the 90s. More bargain basement bandages, more over the hill players, hype and no performance.

Thank the Lord for Booze.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks - Shouldamapads - 10-09-2019, 02:56 PM