Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
I'm not sure what you get for a player like Green that has yet to see the field in 2019. If he somehow comes back and plays lights out in a game or two before the end of the month, I could see a team offering a late first or a second. That's not the reality we're dealing with at the moment. He's not worth a lot sitting on the shelf.

As for Geno, I could see somebody offering a second for him. I tend to think he's still a very good DT. To us, he may seem like he's falling off because of the lack of sack numbers and expectation of regression to to age. He's still getting a lot of push. To a team that's in the hunt with a big need at DT, a Geno Atkins that's not quite elite is still a pretty favorable option.

Teams willing to trade right now are looking for someone to put them over the top in an effort to be contenders for a title. We look at these players as guys that are supposed to carry the entire team. That's what they've been to us. To a buyer at the deadline, that's not the expectation. A team like that likely already has a stout roster in place. They're not looking for superman. they're looking for an impact compliment force-multiplier to boost a team that's already getting it done.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks - samhain - 10-10-2019, 03:41 PM