Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap
(10-13-2019, 09:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hopefully today is the day. I have .001% of faith they can turn this thing around, but I just want to see a win.

I'm torn between being resigned to a really bad year that yields a better draft position so they can get better players, and a year that ends up with them near .500 where certain positions start to show improvement with some "hope" (there's that word i despise so much when it's associated with this team) for the future. 

There are several ways you can build or strengthen a roster. It just seems that the Bengals don't know the (true) right ways to do it. 

I mean, i don't want to keep beating a dead horse but we're in the 29th year of MB running things and the best we've seen from the team is a good enough record for a 1st round playoff loss, 7 times. That's 7 enjoyable season's with bad endings in...almost THREE decades. Almost 30 freaking years of a guy that cuts corners, does just enough to be considered an NFL franchise and takes years to catch up with what used to be current trends. He's content to hold up the teams "competitive" record from '09-'15 as if that should be enough to content fans and he believes they're doing things the right way. Ok, this has turned into a rant and i have so many more things to type but it's useless, so i'm just stopping here. 

I've just gotten to the point that i'm resigned to not seeing a team like we saw in '81 and '88 ever again as long as members of the Brown family are running the team, NFL and their parity structure be damned. 

Ok, not quite done. One more thing. Don't you think that even one single time, they would have gotten lucky and won a playoff game or two so that they didn't look like such a pathetic organization? Or gotten lucky with all those high draft picks and been able to get an elite QB that could overcome other parts of a lesser roster? Just one freaking time in 30 years? The first thing that idiot does after taking over, is let the coach that led them to the SB leave (whether he was fired or resigned, whatever) and then he proceeds to keep Shula and Lewis around way past their expiration dates because of how much he was affected by his Dad getting fired from the Browns, and how it affects their families. I mean, WTF, why wasn't that sentiment in place with Wyche?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap - rfaulk34 - 10-13-2019, 09:58 AM