Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-11-2019, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This all said, IF you have a shot at a franchise QB...you take them.

If not, you go OT or a position like that. Taking a LB or a DT with a Top 5 pick is a waste. You can sign LB's in free agency if you are willing to pay.

The question is "What is considered a franchise QB?"

I think Dalton is a franchise QB.  I think Kyle Allen is a Franchise QB.  I think Ryan Finley could be a franchise QB.  I think Minshew could be a franchise QB.

I bet you don't think much of any of these guys.

I do know you think some QBs are franchise QBs that I wouldn't touch at all.  Mayfield, Watson, Mahomes, Jackson, and Wentz are just some of the guys I wouldn't want.

Is Kyler Murray a "franchise" QB?  I would be livid if we had drafted him. However, there would be people claiming him to be a franchise QB.

I think some coaches panic when they have a top 5 -10 pick.  So they grab a hyped up QB in the 1st round, hoping for a spark, so they can keep their jobs.  Think about it, if Taylor fails, he can always claim that he didn't get "his guy" to build around.  The Giants shocked a lot of people in taking Daniel Jones when Drew Locke was still available.  Drew Locke was thought of as a franchise QB, where Jones was considered middle of the pack.

I don't know how these guys can make that mistake with all of their experience, and even logic.  When fans like myself can easily identify the issue of the OLine and scream to have it addressed.  I would rather keep Dalton and snag Thomas or Kindley with our 1st pick, than grab any of the so-called "Franchise" QBs that are expected to be available and still have the issue with the OLine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - OswaldsLegacy - 10-11-2019, 10:38 PM