Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 01:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: The issue with waiting on taking on a QB with the rationale that you like lower rated prospects better is that if you think that, then other teams are going to think that and take them before they fall to you.  If nobody else thinks that, then you likely missed on your evaluation.  If you're picking third and you're convinced Burrow, Fromm, or Hurts is a franchise QB, then you take them at 3.  

Fromm has arm strength issues and could very well be another Andy Dalton type QB.  Hurts and Burrow are one year wonders that transferred to get out from behind other QB's.  Hurts was buried behind Tua at bama, which is kind of a smoking gun that he's not as good a prospect.  

Trading down sounds great, but only really seems to work out if you get a massive haul including multiple firsts.  However, trading down when you're in the market for a franchise QB is pretty much suicide.  The Browns employed similar philosophies when they got Quinn and Manziel, and it set them back years.

1.)  I don't think there is a QB worth a top 5 pick and overdrafting one just puts him & franchise in a more difficult position.

2.) You can't live in fear that someone else will take your guy. It's the draft your ultimately going to be playing Chicken with Multiple prospects.

3.) I'm not going to dive into the  draft prospects here thats for the draft forum. Not saying the points you are bringing up are bad or good.

4.) Was the problem with the Browns the process or execution of the plan?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-12-2019, 12:40 PM