Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 12:55 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: It isn't all that farfetched.  The Patriots seem to be the destination of those wanting to win the SB.  Dillon (though that was before the hype), Revis, Chad and Moss both tried (and failed).  AB just attempted it and he is still interested in being a Patriot.

I am not saying it as a threat.  Only as something that would be funny.

Rex Burkhead and James Develin are both players that this organization had and let go.  Both have not just gone to NE, they have succeeded there.  Burkhead was just as instrumental to NE's SB win as James White was.  Many times we have players that are actually pretty good, but we don't keep them for whatever reason.  They then go to another team and play extremely well. 

So with the bashing of Dalton that is extremely evident on this board, it would be funny to see him succeed and even win SBs.  Of course many fans wouldn't like that as it would expose them as not being good at evaluating talent.

I get it, I do and I've said something about AJ going to NE and getting a ring, so I believe it.  Dalton is a bit of a stretch, as is really any QB because the Patriots have been rolling with Bledsoe and Brady since 1993, so the notion of them replacing Brady with a 10 year vet is possible but lacks the punch normally associated with this threat.  Usually, it is about fanbases giving up on younger and talented but pain in the arse guys like the ABs or the Chad Kelly's of the world that leads to this "we're gonna be sorry when the Patriots snap him up!" mantra. For that reason I'd have an easier time seeing Ryan Finley winning a SB in NE before I would see Dalton doing it...that and we're likely to roll with Dalton until he retires, but that's just my take.

The best part though is that no one has mentioned players going to the Steelers and winning multiple SBs, so at least they've declined as of late.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - Nately120 - 10-12-2019, 01:12 PM