Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 01:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Having your QB on a rookie contract gives you more cap space to address/retain players at other position groups.  Having a QB on a $20+ mil deal hamstrings rebuilding.  Having a mediocre QB on a $20+ mil deal is crippling.

There are more spots on your roster for OL than QB, so it makes sense to spend your 1st round pick on a QB you're sold on and draft multiple OL and see who you hit on.  At least that way, you have cheap depth on the OL and aren't bringing in has been vets in FA to fill out your depth chart.

Every player on the team is dependent on and feeds off the others.  There are 2 types of QB's out there, ones that up the level of play of the guys around them and ones that have their level of play upped by the guys around them.  Andy is sadly the latter.  We've been trying to build the perfect roster around him for almost a decade and it hasn't worked.  Why continue with a failed experiment?  How many teams are winning SB's with mediocre QB"s these days?  Not many, I can tell you that.

Many consider Nick Foles mediocre.  Philly won.  Eli is considered mediocre and has 2 wins.  Joe Flacco, possibly, has a SB.

Aside from Brady and P. Manning, the past 10 years haven't had too many of the types of QBs that the media salivates over.  Russell Wilson is the only QB on a rookie deal to win the SB.  Wentz could have possibly done it, but he did get injured and Foles played great. (a quick review shows that Rodgers is on this list as well)

I don't get this "Andy doesn't improve his guys" how do you even come to this conclusion?  A video in which he wasn't as inspiring as Brees?  I never seen Manning give a pregame speech that was overly inspiring.

I disagree with us trying to build a team around him as well.  We let both Marvin Jones and Sanu go at the same time.  I can see 1 guy going but not both.  We waved bye to Zeitler and kept Kirkpatrick.  Eifert has been injured, but instead of getting Howard we get guys like Sample to replace him.  We let Whitworth go, which actually made sense considering his age, but we missed on both OT draft picks that would have been his replacement, one due to medical and the other due to being just plain horrid.  So the OLine is ripped up, good WRs gone, passing on talented TEs is not building around Dalton.

Of course, that is my opinion.  I can see why many on here are ready to move on from Dalton.  If the team does, then fine.  I just think it would be a mistake, especially if we go for a scrambling QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - OswaldsLegacy - 10-12-2019, 01:21 PM