Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 01:32 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's assuming there is a franchise QB for the taking.  They are hard to come by.  

I don't have much confidence in this management team strike gold.  They drafted Klinger and Akili Smith for crying out loud!  You could also end up with the next Ryan Leaf.  Drafting a franchise QB is a crap shoot.  

I'd build the line and then find a QB.

That is all possible, but at the same time how can a franchise that has had 2 QBs for nearly 20 years and 0 post-season wins to show for it be scared to try a new QB?  As much as we say a high 1st pick QB could be the next Ryan Leaf I can see other fanbases say "Sure, we COULD stick with our QB but what if we end up like the Bengals and spend two decades with 2 QBs and win nothing?"

Building the line BEFORE we draft a QB is a logical move, but our o-line has been bad for years and despite Mike Brown actually trying (in his own half-assed way) to fix it, it is WORSE than before he tried to fix it. When is our o-line going to be good enough to warrant drafting a QB? It's been years with no relief in sight...so we just extend Dalton until 2025 and hope that at some point the o-line will finally be good enough to boot his ass and put someone else in there? Oof!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - Nately120 - 10-12-2019, 01:51 PM