Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 03:18 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Quick question... you and I have beaten this to death, I know your stance, you know mine, so no need to keep going on about it.

Do you honestly think that Dalton doesn't win in '15?  The one year he had a decent OLine (Bodine was the only real weakness).  Green, Jones and Sanu at WR.  Eifert stayed healthy.  Bernard and Hill were considered a dual RB threat. 

It is even possible had he not been freakishly injured, that we have a playoff bye and the Steelers don't even qualify.

(When I say win, I don't mean SB, but I do mean a playoff game)

I think '15, along with '13 were the best chances. We saw what McCarron did, almost helping the team to a win and he didn't really play well until the 4th quarter. I'd like to believe Dalton would have, just like i'd like to believe Carson would have in '05...but there's nothing to make me say "they would have" definitively. 

As i referenced with '13, there's no way they should have lost that game. Had recently beaten them in SD, MJ had a great game. Dalton played a really good game in the 1st half, and short of a Gio fumble...they would have had a bigger lead going into the half. Problem is, we saw what happened in the 2nd half. They stopped running effectively, the defense shit the bed and allowed the Chargers to run all over them and Dalton did his part by playing bad in the 2nd half. 

There are always great 'what if's' in Bengals lore which keeps people believing that would have been the year. But...all the other years that were actually finished by Carson and Dalton ended without a playoff win and even without the QB being let down at the end of the game after getting a lead late. 

DAmn...that was a long answer for a short question. Sorry

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - rfaulk34 - 10-12-2019, 04:45 PM