Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 04:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think another thing people miss is that just because you drafted a QB in the first doesn't mean you can't also work to rebuild the OL.

Dalton has a cap hit of $17.7 mil next year with zero dead money if cut or traded.  That's what a quality starting RT would cost in FA. If you sign a RT in FA, draft a LG in the 2nd, and resign Hopkins, the OL looks fairly solid on paper.

The other issue with building the OL first is that if you have a good enough OL to make a mediocre QB serviceable, then you're winning too many games to be in position for a top QB prospect without working a ridiculous trade.  Frankly, that's kind of where we've been the past few years.  We don't have enough talent to compete for a title, but we have too much talent to completely bottom out and get a potential franchise QB or snag one of those 1st round prospects that falls into the top of the 2nd.

That is exactly what i'm hoping they do. Conklin and Kindley. They're my guys!!!!! (Kindley's gonna be gone by the 2nd though, that's why they need to trade someone or find some way to trade up in the draft).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - rfaulk34 - 10-12-2019, 05:24 PM