Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem?
(10-12-2019, 02:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm with you on wanting to see Dalton go to a good team but for different reasons. To prove that he is just an average QB that doesn't have (whatever it takes) to make the throws in the most critical situations, and win there. 

I honestly don't dislike the guy. I've met him twice, once with his wife and kids and he's a good down to earth person that takes playing football into perspective. 

All of my malice (what i've heaped on him lately) is due to fans that can't see he's not the guy to take this team through the playoffs and compete for a SB, and continue to rush to his defense with a mountain of excuses. And i'm quite tired of seeing him run out there game after game to do juuuuust enough so those fans (and the coaching staff, to my horror) think that he's right on the cusp of getting over the top. It's not going to happen, anywhere. Write that down for posterity (as far as predictions go).

Eight years and 5 games and he has top 10 numbers (yards, tds, gwd, etc) gained mostly with an elite defense, an adequate running game at least part of the time and good to great WRs to throw to, as well as a top 10 pass blocking line for his first 5 years. 

His team has failed just as hard, in the playoffs especially, but he's done nothing to overcome it and get past the 1st round of the playoffs while he had the talent around him. 

I get that... I feel differently about him, but whatever. Bottom line is this whole ***** team ain't the guy to get them anywhere in the playoffs. The one stud we have on the roster, half of us wanna trade away now. It gonna be a long couple of years around here. The Bengals have a shitty roster, an incompetent coaching staff, and Mike Brown. Even when they were making the playoffs, they failed as a team. They got ran over, couldn't pressure, couldn't cover, fumbled... And Andy Dalton is the guy that can't overcome all that....

Tough crowd.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - J24 - 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Maybe QB isn't our biggest problem? - jason - 10-12-2019, 08:42 PM